Power washing your house is one of the most efficient ways of cleaning the exterior of your home, but power washing can bad for cleaning your house if you do not handle it correctly. Therefore, we advise that you seek professional advice and services in undertaking any power washing activity at home.
WHY SHOULD YOU POWER WASH YOUR HOUSE?
- It removes mold and mildew that are dangerous to the house and the health of the occupants.
- Power washing helps to keep your home in great form while avoiding problems along the line.
- Power washing can tidy up all bird droppings and other unpleasant stains, to increase your house attractiveness and curb appeal.
HOW DO YOU CORRECTLY POWERWASH?
To correctly power-wash your home, you should use low pressure, combined with proper cleaning detergents, scrubbing, good technique, and rinsing. With this, your home will be as clean as a whistle once more.
Before you begin the process, you should ensure that you cover all exterior outlets, close all windows and exterior doors, and remove any obstacles that could get in your way. After this, set up your power washer and feed the detergents into it. With low pressure, apply it on the surface from bottom-up, and rinse off the foam top-down.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE DISADVANTAGES OF INCORRECTLY POWERWASHING YOUR HOUSE?
- The process can easily remove paint if not handled professionally. Therefore, if the sole aim is only to clean the house, you might be faced with the responsibility of repainting.
- When you power wash wrongly, a power washer can loosen the wall cladding or even destroy it. It can also remove the mortar in brick houses if the user is not well informed about the process.
- If you are not well informed on power washing, the process can damage your window screens.
WHY SHOULD YOU CALL PROFESSIONALS FOR POWERWASHING YOUR HOUSE?
Power washing your home’s exterior components leaves it looking cleaner and newer. Sometimes, you might decide to acquire or rent a power washer and get the process done by yourself, but it is a better idea to call a professional when you need power washing because:
They minimize the risk of damaging your home to the barest minimum. Power washing is not as easy as just putting on the machine and aiming it at the surface you intend to clean. The water pressure can cause damage to windows or siding if not handled correctly. A professional understands how to regulate the force for every part of your home, making sure that you don’t have a reason to call a glass or siding company for repair.
It is safer for you.
Besides being safe for your home, getting a professional for power washing is safer for you, too. Most people are not ready for the physical demand required to operate a power washer. If you have never operated one before, you run the risk of causing bodily harm to yourself. Therefore, call professionals to handle the job.
Lastly, It leaves you with more free time at hand to engage in other activities.
Call us today at Wet-Jet for a free quote! (440-283-9274)